We are pleased to announce the 4th edition of the Workshop on Scattering of Atoms and Molecules from Surfaces (SAMS-4),
to be held September 24-27, 2019 in Madrid (CSIC Central Campus). This Workshop is organized every three years, previous editions were held in Rehovot (2010), Postdam (2013) and Bergen (2016) with great success. The main goal of SAMS-4 is to bring together scientists working in the field of atom and molecule surface scattering, stressing the unsolved and challenging problems which need to be addressed in the near future. Participants will include a balanced mix of the leading experimentalists and theorists in the field. Scientific sessions will include the following topics:
- State of the art of experimental techniques (especially, Helium Atom Scattering, He spin echo and He microscopy).
- Ab-initio chemistry studies of surface scattering. Non-adiabatic dynamics.
- Recent theoretical advances on dynamics of surface scattering and reactivity at surfaces. Role of the electron-phonon coupling.
- Experimental studies on reactivity, electronic transitions, surface phonon dynamics, surface diffusion, and coverage dependence.
- Experimental and theoretical characterization of surface structures and phase transitions
Apart from invited talks there will be available slots for contributed talks. There will also be a poster session.
Further information and a list of confirmed invited speakers can be found at the homepage of the workshop:
Looking forward to seeing you in Madrid next September.
Daniel Farías and Salvador Miret-Artés, local Organizing Committee
Elli Pollak (Weizmann Institute, Israel)
Bodil Holst (Bergen University, Norway)
Peter Saalfrank (Potsdam University, Germany)
Bill Allison (Cavendish Laboratory, UK)