A postdoctoral researcher position is available in the Valsson Research Group (www.valsson.info), headed by Dr. Omar Valsson, in the Department of Chemistry at the University of North Texas (UNT) in Denton, Texas.
This position will focus on the development and applications of advanced atomistic simulation methods, including enhanced sampling methods and machine learning approaches, to investigate physical processes in chemical, biological, and material systems; for example, protein-protein interactions, protein degradation, and polymorphic transformations in molecular crystals.
Full details and how to submit an application can be found here:
The position is initially for one year and can be renewed for another year upon mutual agreement.
For informal inquiries and questions, please contact Dr. Omar Valsson at email@example.com.
- PhD. in chemistry, or chemical engineering, or physics, or biology, or material science, or other closely related areas.
- Experience with running and analyzing classical atomistic molecular simulations (e.g., Gromacs, OpenMM, Amber, etc.)
- Experience with enhanced sampling methods (e.g., metadynamics) using codes such as PLUMED or SSAGES.
- Experience with the development of advanced atomistic simulation methods.
- Experience with programming (ideally Python and C++)
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (e.g, PyTorch, LibTorch, Tensorflow) is not required but would be beneficial.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The University of North Texas is located in Denton, a cultural hot spot on the northern edge of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.